There’s a lot of top things to do in Cornwall and a trip to the beach is one of them. However, with so many great beaches to choose from knowing where to go can be tough. To help you out, we have listed 10 of the very best beaches that Cornwall has to offer.
The Best Beaches to Check Out in Cornwall
- Porthmeor – Porthmeor is one of the top beaches in the area of St. Ives and it’s easy to see why. As well as boasting a beautiful sandy beach, it has great conditions for surfing that work well for all abilities. It doesn’t matter if you are trying surfing for the first time or you’re a seasoned pro, Porthmeor has something to offer.
- Kynance Cove – Kynance Cove is one of the most photographed beaches in Cornwall, thanks to its white sand and bright blue water. There’s a tonne of caves and rocks to explore in Kynance Cove. This offers something different to most other beaches in Cornwall.
- Porthpean Beach – Though small, Porthpean Beach is ideal for watersports. It’s a favourite spot for sailors, windsurfers and kayakers. Plus, it’s close by to the historical shipping village of Charlestown.
- Summerleaze – If you’re looking for an adventurous beach day, Summerleaze is ideal. Summerleaze has impressive waves, which makes it a top spot for kayaking and surfing. There’s also a pool that fills up with seawater and this is a great place to swim.
- Whitsand Bay – Head to Whitsand Bay and you’ll feel as though you’re a million miles from anywhere else. Whitsand Bay has three miles of unspoilt sand and rocks, as well as dramatic cliffs. It’s a great place for photography and walking.
- Fistral Beach – Fistral Beach is one of Cornwall’s most famous beaches and it’s a popular place for tourists to head in the summer. Plus, it’s also well known for its great surf. At Fistral Beach, there’s something for everyone.
- Porthchapel Beach – Though Porthchapel Beach is hard to access, the effort will pay off. Surrounded by cliffs and rocks, it’s a quiet and tranquil beach in Cornwall.
- Downderry Beach – Downderry Beach allows dogs throughout the year, which is uncommon for some of the best beaches in Cornwall. Downderry Beach boats rock pools and a lot of places to walk.
- Crantock Beach – If it’s large sand dunes that you’re looking for, head to Crantock Beach. It’s one for the top beaches in Cornwall when it comes to golden sand and impressive dunes.
- Cadgwith Beach – Along with its fishing boats and fishing village, Cadgwith Beach is great if you are hoping to see a different side of Cornwall. Cadgwith Beach also has shingle, so there’s no need to worry about an abundance of sand.
If you’re heading to one of the best beaches in Cornwall, why not find time to pop in and see us here at Healey’s Cyder Farm? There’s a tonne of things to see and do, with something for all ages. To find out more, get in touch.