There’s nothing better than heading out with your dog for a relaxing walk, but heading to the same parks and woodland week after week can become boring. So, why not head to one of the dog friendly beaches? In Cornwall, there are a lot of dog friendly beaches to choose from.
Top Dog Friendly Beaches in Cornwall
- Summerleaze Beach – If you’re heading to Bude, check out Summerleaze Beach. Summerleaze Beach welcomes dogs all year round, though they must be kept on a lead from May to September. This is when the beach is at its busiest. The breakwater shelters a lot of Summerleaze Beach from the elements, which makes it one of the better dog friendly beaches for winter walks in Cornwall.
- Seaton Beach – Seaton Beach in Looe is a popular beach for young families and locals, though it attracts a fair amount of tourists too. If you’re looking for somewhere to head with kids and dogs, Seaton Beach is an excellent choice. The beach itself is large and there are shops, cafes and toilets located nearby. Seaton Beach has everything you’ll need.
- Fistral Beach – As one of the most famous beaches in Cornwall, it’s no surprise that Fistral Beach is one of the top dog friendly beaches. There’s something for the entire family at Fistral Beach, including lots of space for dogs to roam and explore. If you’re heading out for a family day trip with a dog, Fistral Beach is one of the best places to go.
- Trebarwith Strand – Trebarwith Strand in Tintagel has something for everyone, including those with dogs. There’s fantasting waves for surfing, areas to sunbathe and places for dogs to explore. You’ll have a great time, as will they. Trebarwith Strand is a popular beach for tourists and locals, even in the winter months
- Watergate Bay – Not too far from Newquay you’ll find Watergate Bay. Watergate Bay has approximately two miles of golden sand and large waves, which means that you won’t be short of space. There’s a lot of room at Watergate Bay for dogs to run around and it rarely feels crowded. You’ll want to spend hours there.
As you can see, there are a number of great dog friendly beaches in Cornwall and you won’t be short of new places to explore. If you’re interested in taking a break from dog walks on the beach, head to Healey’s Cyder Farm. Speak to a member of the Healey’s Cyder Farm team and find out more about what we have to offer.