If you are a keen cyclist and you’re heading to Cornwall, you’ll be pleased to know that there are a number of fantastic places for bike rides. Cycling in Cornwall has been made as straightforward and enjoyable as possible, and there’s no need to worry about where to find a bike or where to stop for a refreshing beverage. This is because Cornwall has a range of companies offering rentals bikes and many delicious lunch spots to choose from.
Best Places for a Bike Ride in Cornwall
At Healey’s Cyder Farm, we have narrowed down some of the best places in Cornwall for a bike ride. If you’re in the local area, you should consider checking out:
- The Bodmin Beast Cycle Trail – The Bodmin Beast Cycle Trail is ideal if you are a keen cyclist, as it does require a certain amount of fitness and skill. However, it is well worth it. It’s a favourite among mountain bikers and off road cyclists; this is because it’s comprised of a number of climbs, descents and tight turns.
- Goss Moor Cycle Trail – Goss Moor Cycle Trail is 12 kilometres of pure cycling enjoyment. The trail goes through Goss Moor National Nature Reserve, so you’re sure to spot beautiful plants and wild animals. This is a cycling trail that’s mostly flat and off road, so there’s no worry of steep climbs or motorists.
- The Camel Trail – The Camel Trail is popular with walkers and cyclists, and it’s easy to see why. It’s free from traffic and offers beautiful views of the Cornish countryside. Plus, with 18 miles of trails to enjoy, there are many places to start and finish.
- Seaton Valley Countryside Park – Seaton Valley Countryside Park is a favourite among cyclists and walkers, as it is relatively short and easy. This makes it ideal for a quick cycle or for a little bit of exercise. The trails around the park include a riverside area and areas along the coast.
- Cardinham Woods – Cardinham Woods offers a number of cycle trails, many of which are family friendly and ideal for less experienced cyclists. There’s also more advanced trails with climbs and areas that require more skill. Cardinham Woods is popular as there’s something for everyone.