Apple Press Operative (Production)
Healeys Cyder Farm is a family-run business, built on passion, hard work, and as you probably know us, home to our famous Rattler Cyder! The business is growing every day, and with new products and exciting developments we are now in our 2021 season which is on track to being the best one ever!
Whether it is getting to the core of great flavour, or thinking outside the box, we know what it takes to make our business special and this starts with welcoming new employees to join our driven and passionate team to discover their Healeys story for themselves.
Other than working with the best products, in a great atmosphere and environment we also offer;
- Employee discount - 50% on products / 20% on merchandise
- Subsidised lunches
- Unique ‘Rattler Cru 2021’ uniform
- Enrolment to our staff "COVID-Care" Programme
- Opportunities for career progression
Right now, we are looking for reliable and hard-working individuals to support with our Apple Pressing season in the Production department.
Your role will be hands-on in the production process from raw materials to finished products. You will be responsible for making sure you follow all relevant procedures to ensure the best quality product!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working on production line.
- Very varied work, which will include apple pressing, waste pulp management and cleaning production machinery
- Working on the production plan provided by the Operations Manager.
- Creating a friendly rapport with visiting members of the public.
- Compliance with Health & Safety and Food Safety policies.
- Carry out any other reasonable instruction that may assist in the smooth running of the production process.
Preference will be given to candidates who show the following experience:
- Food & Drink industry preferable, however, not essential.
- Manual handling training preferable, however, training will be given during induction
Desirable Personal Qualities:
- Hold a Driving license
- Able to work in a team and on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Responsible, well-presented, good attitude, keen to learn
- Reliability, punctuality
- Awareness of Health & Safety issues
40 hours per week, Shift pattern across 7 days a week; 06:00-14:00 or 14:00-22:00
Starting Salary: £10.00 per hour
Temporary contract from the 1st of September through to the 21st of November.
For those who show passion and commitment to the business, there may be opportunity to stay on permanently if there are roles available!
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Healeys Recruitment Team.