Production Technician (Experienced) (POSITION CLOSED)
Objective: To assist in the production of cider, wines, spirits, and juice
Working hours will be 40 hours a week (average) as per contract and will need to be on a flexible basis, due to the needs of the company. Production operating hours are between 6 am and 10 pm Monday to Sunday, during which various shift patterns may occur.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Your role will be hands-on in the production process from raw materials to finished products on our range of award-winning products including ciders, wines, fruit juices, spirits, and preserves. You will be responsible for making sure you follow all relevant procedures to the best of your ability and making sure costs are kept as low as possible.
You will be required to train in and then be signed off on all aspects of the department including Packing (Bottling and Kegging) and you will be expected to be able to cover all these different areas as and when the business requires.
- Ensure both bottle line and kegging line start up's, clean downs, running the lines and staff are all working to the procedure, company specification, and to the quality management system. Responsible that this is achieved by supervision with back up records completed accurately and timely at all times.
- Responsible for monitoring the appearance of the production hall and process areas before, during, and after every run to audit standard
- Production & Quality Control.
- Daily hygiene is observed and carried out to audit standard and recorded accurately
- Reduce wastage, monitor and record losses
- Breakdown notification-Liaise with engineer immediately a breakdown occurs. Daily monitoring of lines for maintenance issues, preventative maintenance, and communication with the engineer.
- Responsible for quality records on packaging lines all of which must be recorded accurately and timely according to HCCF Quality Management System and to audit standards.
- Working to the production plan provided by the Production Manager
- Taking responsibility for the particular task carried out and notifying your manager for any discrepancies to the plan or out of specification product
- Provide training to new members of staff as required; oversee and help manage the agency staff
- Creating a friendly rapport with visiting members of the public.
- Compliance with Health & Safety and Food Safety policies.
Flexibility in duties to ensure the best business practice.
- Food & Drink industry
Education / Qualification
- Process and / or Packaging of beverages
- Driving license
- Able to work in a team and on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Responsible, well-presented, good attitude, keen to learn
- Reliability, punctuality
- Awareness of Health & Safety issues