Farm hand & Estates Assistant
Healeys Cornish Cyder Farm is a family-run, admission-based visitor attraction and home to Rattler Cyder! Since the company was founded in 1980, Healeys Cyder has grown enormously, boasting more than 130,000 visitors per year and an array of awards for our cyders & spirits. With an impressive schedule of upcoming events, alongside a multi-million-pound investment across a two-phase extension project, our business is thriving and has a very exciting future ahead.
A fantastic opportunity is available to join our busy Facilities team, to become part of an iconic Cornish business, and to make your mark in this important role as our Farm Hand.
We are looking for someone with experience in a farming environment, and this will include looking after the Farm animals, cleaning enclosures and some general maintenance such as repairing enclosures. This will also include driving tractors on the farm for both farm and customer experience use. You will also be assisting across the site with general maintenance and grounds upkeep support.
Hours: Average 40 Hours a week, working flexibly across a 7 day schedule, with weekend and some evenings being required.
Salary: Starting salary £9.50 per hour, with opportunity for performance-based pay reviews.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Looking after our farm animals, including general husbandry, welfare, cleaning and mucking out, moving around the farm, breeding, planning and supporting with any necessary veterinary visits.
- Support the Visitor Centre as an “on-call” tractor driver when required
- Assist when required with farm work (telehandler, tractor and trailers, spraying), garden and ground work, including Grass cutting, (tractor and lawnmower), Strimming, weed control, hedges, flowerbeds and plant and shrubs, hanging baskets and Tubs (seasonally).
- Maintain gates, fences as required
- Assisting the Estates Manager in maintaining the condition of the farm buildings and other maintenance work across the farm
- Ensure the farm is kept clean, safe, tidy and litter free
- Alert the Estates Manager to any problems regarding the animals or farm
- Report any issues to Estates Manager
- Work in accordance to the company health and safety policy at all time
- Assist in maintenance work as required
- Keep workshop tidy and ensure proper storage of tools and equipment
- Carry out regular building maintenance at appropriate times for aesthetics and site safety to include painting, preserving and basic repair work
- All health and safety guidelines must be followed (for yourself and others in your work area)
- Agree time frames for completion of tasks/site activities
- All checklists and relevant paperwork completed accurately and timely
- Security of workshop and all tools/equipment therein
- Flexibility in duties to ensure best business practise across whole site
- Assist the Site & Orchard Controller when required in the Orchards
- Assist the Vineyard Manager when required in the Vineyards
Preference will be given to applicants with a tractor or telehandler license.
Desired qualifications in Chainsaw certificates, PA1,PA3,PA6 Spray licenses, but not essential.
Start date: This position is available for immediate start!
Other than working with the best products, in a great atmosphere and environment we also offer;
- Employee discount
- Subsidised healthcare plan with Bupa
- Subsidised lunches
- Free festival tickets
- Unique ‘Rattler Cru 2021’ uniform
- Employee of the month recognition
Please note candidates will need to provide Right to Work documentation and two satisfactory references prior to commencing employment with us.
We can't wait to hear from you!
The Recruitment Team at Healeys Cyder