Packaging Manager (POSITION CLOSED)
Healeys Cyder Farm is a family-run business, built on passion, hard work, and as you probably know us, home to our famous Rattler Cyder!
The business is growing every day, and with new products and exciting developments we are now in our 2021 season which is on track to being the best one ever!
Whether it is getting to the core of great flavour, or thinking outside the box, we know what it takes to make our business special and this starts with welcoming new employees to join our driven and passionate team to discover their Healeys story for themselves.
Right now we are recruiting for a responsible and self-motivated individual to come and have their #RattlerMoment supporting the Production Manager.
As a prospective applicant, you will have strong leadership qualities and experience, able to operate with integrity and trust whilst maintaining the high-performance output of the team. The objective of the role will be to ensure all packaging processes are being executed as per current procedures and the product is produced in accordance with the quality management system.
Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate the following experience history:
- Experience of Production Management with the beverage and food packaging industry or leadership/management experience within similar FMCG environments.
- Experience/familiarity with continuous improvement strategies and implementation.
Education / Qualification skills requirements:
- HACCP Level 3
- Food Safety Level 3
Joining the #RattlerCru is not just about us - We offer you opportunity to develop and grow with the business with well experienced mentors at hand to support you along the way as well as offering a great list of employee benefits.
Healeys Cyder Farm is centrally located in Cornwall, just a couple of miles off the A30. Easy to find, we're on the A3075 in Penhallow – look out for the brown tourist signs.
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum depending on experience, with opportunity to progress.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Training packaging staff and managing their performance and behaviour.
- Ensuring all packaging line machines are working correctly and fit for purpose.
- Achieving production targets
- Ensuring the quality management system in place is being correctly applied to all packaging processes.
- Maintain, develop and improve procedures and operational practices, to ensure production efficiency targets are achieved.
- Ensuring all production materials are of the correct specification and available for fulfilment of the production plan.
- Develop relationships with key supplier contacts to aid management and call out of materials.
- Be involved from the shop floor up and be “hands on”, and flexible in duties to ensure best practice.
- Continuous evaluation of plan for achievement of KPI’s to improve department performance, daily and weekly reporting against output, breakdowns, and quality issues.
- Lead continuous improvement activities to benefit department performance, reduce costs and improve quality.
- Support the Site Technical Manager with quality Inspections and audits of the production system, taking responsibility for departmental corrective actions.
- Maintain production elements of the HCCF Quality System.
- Monitor & Report Quality Performance & Trends.
- Responsible for accurate monthly reporting.
- In common with all other personnel within HCCF, adhere to the Company’s policies on Safety, Hygiene, Procedures, Policies and Good Housekeeping
Hours: 40 hours a week (average) as per contract and will need to be on a flexible basis, due to the needs of the company. Production operating hours are between 6am and 10pm Monday to Sunday, during which various shift patterns may occur.
Joining the #RattlerCru is not just about us - We offer you the opportunity to develop and grow with the business with well-experienced mentors at hand to support you along the way as well as offering great staff discounts and free onsite parking.
We can’t wait to hear from you!