Healeys Cyder Farm is a family-run business, built on passion, hard work, and as you probably know us, home to our famous Rattler Cyder!
The business is growing every day, and with new products and exciting developments we are now in our 2021 season which is on track to being the best one ever!
Whether it is getting to the core of great flavour, or thinking outside the box, we know what it takes to make our business special and this starts with welcoming new employees to join our driven and passionate team to discover their Healeys story for themselves.
Right now we are recruiting for a responsible and self-reliant individual to come and have their #RattlerMoment supporting the Facilities Manager in the Site team. The objective of the role will be to ensure all vehicles and equipment / tools are maintained and ready to go at all times and are fully compliant with Health and Safety regulations. It will also involve assisting the site team when required to provide a well presented and safe site and grounds.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual, excited to make a genuine contribution to the business. You will be a confident problem solver, able to prioritise and have objective control of your responsibilities. You will have a thorough knowledge of farming practices and different farming methods. You will have a suitable level of physical strength and stamina to meet the various demands of the role. You will be practical in your approach to your role, confident to make clear decisions and use your iniative.
Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate the following experience history:
- Previous experience in a farming environment
- Confidence and familiarity around livestock and horses
Education / Qualification skills requirements:
- Tractor License and/or telehandler ticket
- Chainsaw Certificates
- PA1, PA3, PA6 spray certificates
- Full UK Driving License
- Trailer license
Joining the #RattlerCru is not just about us - We offer you opportunity to develop and grow with the business with well experienced mentors at hand to support you along the way as well as offering a great list of employee benefits.
Healeys Cyder Farm is centrally located in Cornwall, just a couple of miles off the A30. Easy to find, we're on the A3075 in Penhallow – look out for the brown tourist signs.
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 per annum (based on experience)
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring all vehicles, agricultural\industrial vehicles, machinery and tools are maintained, cleaned, checked as appropriate, safe and ready for use at all times
- Responsible for vehicle inspections for damage, reporting of damage and and organising quotes for repairs for all company vehicles
- Weekly and monthly visitor tractor and agricultural vehicle checks, monthly for MOT’d vehicles
- Liaising with vehicle key holders for damage control
- As an experienced and qualified tractor driver, you will be the first point of call for various telehandler, digger and tractor duties which arise across all sites
- You will be expected to carry out regular maintenance and completion of logs including all health and safety aspects of all agricultural equipment
- Maintaining gates and fences, farm grounds and animal enclosures
- All checklists, relevant paperwork, damage reports and electronic forms completed accurately and timely
- Security of workshop and all tools/equipment therein
- Carry out regular building maintenance at appropriate times for aesthetics and site safety to include painting, preserving and basic repair work
- All health and safety guidelines must be followed (for yourself and others in your work area)
- Agree time frames for completion of tasks/site activities
- Flexibility in duties to ensure best business practise across whole site
- Working with the site team and assisting when required with animal care following company policies and procedures.
- Safe movement of animals from one area of the farm to another.
- Ensure the farm is kept clean, safe and tidy.
- Assist the Site & Orchard Controller when required in the Orchards
- Support the Visitor Centre as an “on-call” tractor driver when required
- Flexible approach to assist with any other site and farm duties as required
Hours: 40 hours, Monday to Sunday (5 days) Varying with some flexibility that may be necessary in order to meet the demands of the role and the business.
- Free on-site staff parking
- Discounted Product
- Casual Dress
- Employee Pension
- Discounted Food
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Healeys Team