Healeys Cyder Farm is a family-run business, built on passion, hard work, and as you probably know us, home to our famous Rattler Cyder!
The business is growing every day, and with new products and exciting developments we are now in our 2021 season which is on track to being the best one ever!
Whether it is getting to the core of great flavour, or thinking outside the box, we know what it takes to make our business special and this starts with welcoming new employees to join our driven and passionate team to discover their Healeys story for themselves.
Right now we are recruiting for a responsible and self-motivated individual to come and have their #RattlerMoment supporting the Operations Manager. As a prospective applicant, you will be able to work to deadlines and under pressure. You will be reliable, honest and trustworthy as the role is largely lone-working. You will have strong experience in both forward planning and practical problem-solving.
The objective of the role will be to provide, maintain and harvest well presented & productive vines, grounds & woodland at Tregoninny Farm.
Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate the following experience history:
- Vineyard Management
- General agricultural and horticultural experience
Education / Qualification skills requirements:
- Tractor Driver and Licence
- Spraying Certification PA3
- Chainsaw Certificate
- Driving Licence
Ideal but non-essential skills and qualifications:
- Trailer Licence
- Tele-Handler ticker
- Spraying certification PA1, 2, 3 & PA6]
- Health & Safety / Risk Assessment
Joining the #RattlerCru is not just about us - We offer you opportunity to develop and grow with the business with well experienced mentors at hand to support you along the way as well as offering a great list of employee benefits.
Healeys Cyder Farm is centrally located in Cornwall, just a couple of miles off the A30. Easy to find, we're on the A3075 in Penhallow – look out for the brown tourist signs.
Tregoninny Farm is located just off the A390 between Tresillian and Truro.
Salary: £30,000 per annum. Living onsite at Tregoninny Farm is a requirement of the role, providing site security and upkeep as required by the business. Accomodation as a benefit in kind.
- Overall responsibility for vineyards and their contents – maintain, renew, pest disease, storm damage, correct nutrients, spray programme, liaison with viticulture consultants and complying with report, maximising yield for cost input, maintaining vineyard file with reports and log book.
- Responsible for finishing vines and setting up a new vineyard venture, including all management of the vines and training of the team, working to budget, planning staff and jobs
- Overall responsibility for all woodland management, felling, maintaining and re-planting at Tregonniny site
- Ensuring vineyards and grounds are tidy, clear, weed free and safe. Visibly appealing to all visitors, acting as the liaison for the department.
- Property upkeep on site
- Landscape maintenance
- Ensure that the gardens are maintained.
- Ensure that the property and land is kept litter free
- Maintain the lane leading to the property
- Delegation of duties to grounds team, in accordance with work tasks agreed with Site Manager
- Ensure that all checklists and relevant paperwork are filled in accurately and presented on time.
- All tasks to be completed to an acceptable audit standard.
- Staff responsibility – Grounds team, animal caring, tractor work – ensure trained to procedure in the use of equipment and supervise to ensure safe and competent before tasks undertaken.
- Provide site security when on site
- Maintaining gates, fences and tools/aids.
- Provide a safe and welcoming environment for our guests to the Tregoninny Farm Cottages.
- Rodent control
- Agree time frames for completion of tasks and site activities.
- Assist with any other site duties as required.
- Flexible in duties to ensure best business practice.
Hours: Full-time and flexibility required to be available at all times, especially focused around spray & harvest times am and pm. Some weekend and evening work may be necessary in order to meet deadlines.
Application deadline: 28/06/2021
Expected start date: 05/07/2021