Finance Support (POSITION CLOSED)
Scope: · To be a team player and support the finance and wider teams in required tasks. · Support business through completing a variety of finance and other tasks. · Support the Finance team in the achievement of functional objectives.
Objectives: To ensure transactions are posted timely and accurately. To ensure ledgers are kept up to date and maintained. To ensure suppliers are paid accurately in a timely manner. To ensure our customers are paying to agreed terms whilst maintaining customer relations. Provide support across internal reporting requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Ensure that the procurement needs of the business are met
· Ensure that less than 3% of the value of the purchase ledger is 2+ months over terms
· Pay all suppliers to agreed terms to ensure that <1% supplier base put us on hold per annum
· Take responsibility for smooth running of the Purchase Order system including drafting and periodic
review of relevant procedures and supporting business managers in the use of PO system
· Production of purchase orders as required
· Ensure that a settlement discount is taken where possible to minimise (<£1000 p.a.) lost discounts.
· Work towards 95% of purchases (by value) having matching PO & Delivery Notes
· Enter all invoices within 3 working days of receipt
· Reconcile all supplier statements within 3 working days
· Using appropriate communication medium (e.g. email, telephone, letter) and tone, liaise with
suppliers and procuring HCCF managers to ensure required information is in place to pay invoices
to agreed terms.
· Prepare (three-way – PO & DN) matched and approved invoices for payment and authorisation
· Raise queries with suppliers within 2 working days of the issue being raised
· Raise issues with relevant internal stakeholders on the same working day
· Carry out regular (> fortnightly) meetings with Production Manager/Logistics Manager to review
relevant procurement issues
· Twice annually review supplier base with Finance Manager to ensure signed terms are in place for
suppliers over agreed annual spend
· Send all remittances electronically in advance of the day of settlement in their bank account
· Work with suppliers to transition as many as possible to electronic communications.
· Keep all Purchase Ledger procedures updated at all times and with Finance Manager carry out annual review and training within the business as appropriate · Processing credit card transactions, including obtaining all receipts from cardholders. · Preparation of Aged Creditors and Key Suppliers reports shared with Finance Manager and HoF on a weekly basis. · Providing KPI information to Finance Manager and HoF on a weekly basis. · Support on sales ledger to ensure customers are paying to agreed terms, and minimize bad debts. · Assisting with daily till summary preparation, reporting on results, and any ongoing discrepancy investigations. · Assisting with reconciling multiple revenue streams. · Providing support and assistance to Management Accountant on Budgets, Forecasts and Management Accounts as required. · Other reporting as required.
Other · Cover Sales Ledger and Cash Ledger as required during staff holidays, illness, or busy periods. · Ad hoc reporting and processing as required by the finance team, and senior management. · Provide assistance to the retail and catering teams during busy periods as required. · To represent Healeys and to strive to promote its brand through interacting with clients, other members of Finance and wider business in a positive and professional manner at all times · Provide secondary cover to all parts of Finance when required including but not limited to; · Online order processing · Cash counting · Support Finance team in the achievement of functional objectives · Keep confidential all knowledge of company business, finance, and statistics.
Essential · Played part in a team achieving successful outcomes. · Be a team player and willing to assist with all tasks required. · 2+ years in a Finance team. · Cash handling experience. · Taking responsibility for core tasks. · Reconciliation of account balances. · Processing of invoices and credit notes. · A strong understanding of commerciality & timeliness. Desirable · Experience working in FMCG/leisure industry. · Experience in Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger. · Experience with large multiple clients. · Use of Pegasus Opera.
· Qualified Accounts Technician (AAT) · 5 GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or above to include Maths & English
· Driven to bring tasks to positive conclusion · Numerate with excellent attention to detail · Resilient and robust under pressure · Good team player · Rigorous, methodical and logical approach to problem-solving · Organised with excellent time management · Keen to get involved. Demonstrates a hands-on approach · Strong communication skills (IT, verbal, telephone & written) · Track record of strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills