2nd Chef (POSITION CLOSED)
Head Chef, F&B Manager
Close working relationships:
Head Chef, F & B Manager, Catering Assistants, Kitchen Assistants
To assist the Head Chef and deputise in their absence by ensuring the smooth operations of the Restaurant, Rattler bar & other food outlets. These areas must run efficiently, driving sales, ensuring an exception brand experience for visitors whilst maintaining food hygiene standards and accreditation.
£10 per hour
Variable according to opening hours and seasonal demands, with additional hours as necessary to fulfill duties.
- Preparation, cooking, and serving of food to a high standard, keeping to menu specification.
- Cover the Head chef duties in their absence, source goods, place orders, lead the kitchen team.
- Help control the day-to-day working hours of the team to ensure that food & beverage outlets are operating within agreed budgetary constraints to ensure outlets are cost-effective in absence of the Head Chef.
- Excellent product and menu knowledge.
- Opening up and closing down of food outlets, in accordance with procedures and checklists
- Health and Safety:
Follow Safer Food Better Business
Maintain the strictest of hygiene standards across all catering outlets - Check that cleaning and housekeeping duties, including weekly deep cleaning are being carried out to company standards.
Ensure compliance at all times including the team
Act in the interests of Health & Safety for guests and the team
Work to our allergy procedure
- Communicate and liaise with suppliers, staff, and customers
- Input into menu development.
- Effective stock control and waste management, including stock take, maintaining records to ensure the restaurant is cost-effective.
- Assisting in training and development of personnel.
- Working in conjunction with other staff to ensure the business is run appropriately and efficiently.
- Flexibility in duties maybe needed to cover “off-season” to ensure best business practice.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as requested by your line manager or Director.
At least 2 years in a busy food environment
NVQ 2 & 3 for catering or equivalent or proven experience.
Current Food Hygiene Certificate.
Excellent team leader with good delegation skills
Practical skills for a hands-on role
Eye for detail, self-motivated and enthusiastic
Work with pace and urgency
Excellent organisational skills, able to prioritise and manage deadlines
Willing to take on responsibility
Be comfortable working under pressure