eCommerce Sales Manager (POSITION CLOSED)
Due to the recent exceptional performance of our online sales platform, we are looking for an experienced eCommerce Manager to help shape and implement long-term, profitable growth within the sales channel.
This is a new role that offers huge scope for the right person. You will have a proven track record of growing online sales within a similar or relevant role, with great vision and initiative to drive sales forward. This is a hands-on role, in which you’ll build internal relationships across all departments, as well as identify, explore and implement external relationships with potential vendors, online retail spaces, and 3rd party sales platforms.
You’ll have a keen eye for detail and be passionate in creating a positive customer journey, plus you’ll need to possess a strong analytical approach to identify where improvements to the website can be made, and the technical ability to implement these changes, either directly or alongside the Marketing Manager and an external web development agency.
This is an exciting opportunity, working within a fast-growing, bold, and fun company, with the ability to really make the role your own.
Maximising and developing sales opportunities across a broad range of eCommerce platforms. Driving profitable sales via our own website and exploit new markets
40 hours. Flexible as required.
Managing all levels of our eCommerce platforms, your primary role will be to maintain and grow existing outlets, seek new opportunities, as well as managing all levels of online operations. A critical part of the role will be helping to shape and implement a strategy to provide long-term profitable growth for the business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand and meet the core company goals/objectives.
- Achieve or exceed personal sales in line with pre-set Company requirements.
- Optimise sales within our current on-line shop
- Identify and implement strategies to establish, develop and grow the online business into new markets
- Ensure market and product knowledge is accurate and up to date.
- Create a detailed report analysis of all activities and sales volume variances on a weekly/monthly basis for Senior Management and Production
- Analyse trends and produce monthly sales forecasts for Senior Management.
- Continually monitor and improve all aspects of the mail-order process- from ordering, packaging/packing, 3rd party courier services, right through to our customer service. Ensuring we are offering both cost-effective deliveries and end-user satisfaction.
Flexibility in duties may be needed to cover “off-season” to ensure best business practice
- At least 2 years’ experience in managing e-commerce platforms
Education / Qualification /Skills Requirements:
- Experience with: WordPress, WooCommerce, Google Analytics
- Desired experience: Google Tag Manager, basic knowledge of HTML & CSS, Experience with 3rd party sales platforms such as eBay, Amazon, Goggle Shopping, etc.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of SEO and how to create product listings to improve online visibility would be a benefit.
- Relevant experience in a similar role or minimum 2:1 degree in a relevant subject
- Proven ability of hands-on eCommerce experience which are quantifiable and financially measurable.
- Extensive experience & knowledge in identifying specific potential markets, through to effectively creating new accounts
- Good experience of web analytics tools to interrogate key performance indicators including website traffic, item purchase conversion, and the ability to offer well-presented insights based on findings
- Excellent literacy and numeric skills
- People management skills – experience and natural ability