National Sales Manager (POSITION CLOSED)
We are looking for an experienced National Sales Manager to help shape and implement long-term, profitable growth within both our on and off-trade sales channels.
This is a new role that offers huge scope for the right person. You will have a proven track record of national sales within a similar or relevant role, with great vision and initiative to drive sales forward. We are looking for a real go-getter, someone who’s forward-thinking and isn’t afraid to grab opportunities with both hands!
This is an exciting opportunity, working within a fast-growing, bold, and fun company, with the ability to really make the role your own.
Maximise & develop profitable sales opportunities across a range of out of county wholesalers both on and off-trade. Support and develop the sales team at a regional level.
40 hours. Flexible as required due to the nature of the role.
You will directly manage and maximise profitable sales opportunities across a range of out of county wholesalers. Utilising opportunities within national and regional brewers as well as national & regional wholesale groups across the country. The role contains 3 core objectives:
- Develop range and sales with existing OOC wholesalers
- Establish profitable new OOC wholesale relationships across both on and off-trade
- Support & develop the on-trade and off-trade development managers at regional level
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand and meet core company goals/objectives.
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies across existing and potential new out of county wholesalers- both on & off-trade
- Lead sales team members, ensuring they have all the tools required to achieve sales targets set by National Sales Manager
- Achieve or exceed personal sales in line with pre-set Company requirements.
- Ensure market and product knowledge is accurate and up to date.
- Create a detailed report analysis of all activities and sales volume variances on a weekly/monthly basis for Senior Management and Production
- Analyse trends and produce sales forecasts for Senior Management. Collect feedback from customers and compile market research information. Maintain the Company’s customer database & monitor purchase variances and action accordingly.
- Work closely with the marketing/product development team to provide feedback and support new product launches, ensuring all sales team members are on board with a clear launch strategy
- Track and manage allocated account marketing spend to ensure it is utilised appropriately and within the agreed budget.
- Spend time in trade developing the business ‘on the ground’
- Deal with major customers on a personal basis and others as necessary to maintain customer care. Identify and develop relationships with future potential accounts.
Flexibility in duties may be needed to cover “off-season” to ensure best business practice
Food & Drink Industry and Tourism
Ideally, South West based but any location considered
Education / Qualification
- IT skills: Opera, Microsoft Office especially Powerpoint and Excel
- Corporate Membership of Chartered Institute of Marketing and/or Institute of Sales and Marketing Management or minimum 2:1 degree in a relevant subject
- Proven ability to create wholesale & retail, on & off-site activities, which are in line with the company ethos, which is quantifiable and financially measurable.
- Extensive experience & knowledge in identifying specific potential markets, geographical or otherwise, through to effectively creating new accounts
- Willingness to travel- this role with take you across the country
- Merchandising/marketing background
- Excellent literacy and numeric skills
- People management skills – experience and natural ability