Junior Management Accountant & Finance Assistant (POSITION CLOSED)
Due to continued business growth, we are expanding our finance team and are looking for a dynamic and driven individual to join our team. This new role will be split 50% junior management accountant and 50% purchase ledger processing. Both elements of the role will require accuracy, time management, and attention to detail. We are looking for a team player who is happy to get involved in whatever tasks are required to support the finance team, and wider business.
The junior management accountant part of the role will involve:
- Populating templates for period management accounts with prior year results, forecast, and budget figures.
- Preparation and posting of period end journals, including prepayments, accruals, wages, stock.
- Preparation of supplementary reports, and collation of full management pack including receiving information from all department heads.
- The purchase ledger element of the role will involve:
- Working closely with Finance Assistant – Purchase Ledger.
- Processing and entering purchase invoices.
- Matching invoices to signed delivery notes and signed purchase orders.
- Assisting with purchase order processing.
- Assisting with maintaining email inbox and ensuring
- Timely and accurate payment of suppliers, and providing remittance advice electronically to suppliers.
- Working to improve the current electronic system for invoice processing and filing.
Candidates should have 2+ years’ experience working within a finance team, a good understanding of key finance concepts, and qualified to AAT level.
The role is offered as full-time (40 hours per week) and permanent, with an opportunity for the role to continue to grow for the right candidate.