Production Manager (POSITION CLOSED)
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic individual who can help shape the future of our production hall; we have an amazing team in place, we are investing in the latest technology and constantly challenging the range of our offering; if you are a great people manager with strong experience in the FMCG production industry, read below and apply.
This role is responsible for managing and reviewing the control of inventories, from raw materials to finished products on our range of award-winning products and merchandise. You will be responsible for making sure orders are delivered on time, and at minimum cost and meeting the targets for your department.
To achieve your objectives, your staff management skills are critical as the achievement of your objectives is absolutely dependant upon the contribution and performance of your staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Production Planning – manage and oversee team scheduling and ensuring adequate resource levels across the year.
- Production Planning – overseeing cyder pressing and fermentation, planning packaging processes to meet sales forecasts and production output.
- Negotiate and manage contracts including quality, planning, and commercial aspects. Raising of purchase orders and scheduling of delivery to bring raw materials, consumables, and merchandise to the site, ensuring zero stock-outs.
- Lead and develop a continuous improvement culture within the operations team focused on achieving World Class manufacturing.
- Stock rotation and efficient material utilisation to achieve zero waste.
- Stock security and security of the warehouse facility.
- Continual and year-end stock take, developing a system of cycle counting.
- Development of the Opera stock control system.
- Development and achievement of stock related to KPI’s.
- Take an active role in maintaining health & Safety compliance: Warehouse, yard, and delivery activities.
- Train, develop and review reporting staff to ensure that procedural, quality, safety, and environmental requirements are met, and improve individual and team performance levels
- Create skills gap analysis and establish a training plan to fill the gaps
- Produce a monthly report to the Operations Manager.
- Introduce ‘continuous improvement’ activities to improve individual and team performance KPI’s, reduce costs, improve quality, and improve profits. Lead and develop a continuous improvement culture within the operations team focussed on achieving World Class manufacturing
- Liaise closely with all members of the management team to ensure that both the internal and external customer requirements are satisfied
- Ensure all operations are run according to current environmental and other legislation
- Represent the Company at ad hoc functions and other industry events
- To be available for any business emergencies
- Continuous evaluation of the department’s performance and achievement of KPI’s to improve performance.
- Train, develop, and review reporting staff to ensure that procedural, quality, safety, and environmental requirements are met, and improve individual and team performance levels. Ensure robust succession planning of key personnel.
Work experience/skills :
- Food & Drink industry essential, bottling & kegging especially.
- Seasonal demand/control experience in a process manufacturing environment.
- Management responsibility.
- Cross-functional team activity.
- Staff Training and team motivation.
- Management of performance standards.
- Cider/Beer making experience
- HACCP/Quality System experience
- Quality auditing experience.
- Organoleptic skills/experience
- Health & Safety at work experience and knowledge.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Food/Drink/ Management Qualification.
- Educated to degree level in appropriate discipline.
- Trained Assessor – Quality Systems.
- Health & Safety