Purchase Ledger – Finance Assistant (CLOSED)
Whether it’s getting to the core of great flavour or thinking outside the box, we know what it takes to make our business special, and this starts with welcoming new employees to join our driven and passionate team to discover their Healeys story for themselves.
Right now, we are recruiting for a talented and self-driven, individual to come and have their #RattlerMoment as a Purchase Ledger - Finance Assistant.
If you think that this could be you – drop us a line – we cannot wait to hear from you.
To assist the finance team in the day to day running of the department and to provide support to other areas of the business as required. This is primarily a finance role dealing with purchase ledger and associated functions. Providing secondary cover for other financial duties.
Reporting to: Finance Manager, Head of Finance
Salary: £20,000-£23,000 depending on experience
Duties & Responsibilities
- Process purchase invoices, reconciling delivery notes to invoices received and purchase orders in accordance with HCCF Financial Policies
- Ensure purchase orders are utilised across the business
- Refer difficult or complex financial issues to the Finance Manager or Head of Finance
- Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements
- Assist in the preparation of purchase summaries
- Cashbook processing of payments
- Processing BACS payments and preparing cheques import files for upload to the online banking platform
- Investigate and resolve purchase ledger queries as required
- Ensure prompt filing of supplier invoices
- Ensure adherence to month-end deadlines
- To liaise with suppliers concerning invoice queries
- Prompt communication of potential queries/issues to Finance Manager and Head of Finance to ensure a timely resolution to queries/issues
Duties & Responsibilities
- Petty cash and credit card processing
- Reconcile pay-pal account
- Sales reporting
- Bank & cash procedures including till reconciliation and cash counting
- Credit control and sales ledger processing
- General administration duties
- To provide any other support to the Directors, Head of Finance and Admin, Finance Team, as required
Flexibility in duties may be needed to cover “off-season” to ensure best business practice as well as any other tasks as deemed necessary by the directors of the business.
- Essential previous purchase ledger experience
- Other accounts experience within a busy finance office
Education / Qualification / Skills Required
- An eye for detail, self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Work with pace, the urgency to meet all deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy
- Excellent organisational skills and works well under pressure
- Willing to take on the responsibility
- Team player within the finance department and company-wide
- Strong communication skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Efficient and accurate
- Excellent literacy and numeric skills.