Healeys Cyder Farm is a family-run business, built on passion, hard work, and as you probably know us, home to our famous Rattler Cyder!
Whether it is getting to the core of great flavour, or thinking outside the box, we know what it takes to make our business special and this starts with welcoming new employees to join our driven and passionate team to discover their Healeys story for themselves.
Right now we are recruiting for a confident and self-reliant individual to come and have their #RattlerMoment supporting the Quality Controller and Site Technical Manager in the Production department. The objective of the role will be to ensure that production and process procedures are adhered to and that all products conforms to specification and accepted quality standards. You will also be responsible for the implementation and development of the HCCF quality system and HACCP plan.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual, excited to make a genuine contribution to the business. You will be a confident problem solver, able to prioritise and have objective control of your responsibilities. You will have good communication skills, be proficient at writing reports and be confident at managing your time to meet deadlines. You will be flexible in your approach to your role, confident to make clear decisions based on factual information and evidence.
Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate the following experience history:
- Food and Drinks industry
- Management of quality standards
- Process inspection
- In a similar role QC & QA
- Laboratory Procedures & Work Method
- Chemistry analysis – Culture plates
- Micro-biology analysis - Titration
Education / Qualification skills requirements:
- ‘A’ Levels – Science Based
- HACCP Level 3
- Food Safety Level 3
Joining the #RattlerCru is not just about us - We offer you opportunity to develop and grow with the business with well experienced mentors at hand to support you along the way as well as offering a great list of employee benefits.
Healeys Cyder Farm is centrally located in Cornwall, just a couple of miles off the A30. Easy to find, we're on the A3075 in Penhallow – look out for the brown tourist signs.
Salary: £11 per hour basic, with opportunity to progress (variable based on experience)
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Production lines quality checks, ensuring product is produced and packaged within specification.
- Responsible for the Quality Laboratory, the standardisation of chemicals and ensuring adequate supplies of materials and solutions
- Responsible for the safe and correct operation of the laboratory including its infrastructure, equipment, ancillary items and methods used, conforming to applicable legislation, relevant operating and safety instructions and procedures
- Undertaking a range of laboratory chemicals and microbiology analysis along with other checks as appropriate of the raw materials and ingredients, in addition to the base, blended and final products so as to conform with product compliance and specification
- Active involvement in process control particularly that associated with the establishment of fermentations and other process steps
- Provision of support to the Quality Controller, Site Technical, Packaging Manager and Cyder makers during product and process development
- Completion of all appropriate records, disseminations and reporting of the results and findings as appropriate and when required
- Assist in the reviewing and refining of the HCCF Quality Management System
- Involvement from the shop floor up, having a ‘hands on’ approach, flexible in duties to ensure best business practice
Hours: Minimum 40 hours per week. Variable as per contract.
Must have flexibility Monday to Sunday, 6am to 10pm to coincide with production hours.
Hours and days will vary according to season and demands of the business
- Free on-site staff parking
- Discounted Product
- Casual Dress
- Employee Pension
- Discounted Food
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Healeys Team