Industrial Chef - Preserves Manufacture (VACANCY CLOSED)
Healeys Cyder Farm is a family-run business, built on passion, hard work, and as you probably know us, home to our famous Rattler Cyder!
The business is growing every day, and with new products and exciting developments we are now in our 2021 season which is on track to being the best one ever!
Whether it is getting to the core of great flavour, or thinking outside the box, we know what it takes to make our business special and this starts with welcoming new employees to join our driven and passionate team to discover their Healeys story for themselves.
Right now, we are recruiting for a passionate and self-motivated individual to come and have their #RattlerMoment supporting the Production team. The purpose of the role will be to take full responsibility for all aspects of the Healey’s Jam Kitchen, crafting high quality preserves, jams and sauces from our own recipes, for sale within the Visitor Centre and to external customers.
This is a key role, with full responsibility for the management and organisation of a significant value stream within our Production and Visitor business strategy. In addition to crafting the highest quality food products for sale, this position is also a key customer facing role, where and impeccable level of personal presentation and customer service skills is a must. The role is also responsible for assurance of product quality, including labelling and packaging, and during busier periods, managing and motivating seasonal staff.
The responsibilities of the role will be to:
- Craft high quality preserves, jams and sauces to unique Healey’s recipes, adhering to all company policies and procedures, including ownership of HACCP controls for the Jam Kitchen.
- Schedule, craft and package orders in line with the Production plan, ensuring all products are correctly processed, labelled and packaged, to the relevant standards. Print all necessary labels to the correct standards, ensuring Lot codes, best before dates and barcodes and correct for each product prior to scanning into our completed production orders system.
- Carry out all Quality assurance checks for the products, documenting all activities, as required within our production and quality systems. Take responsibility for HACCP controls in the Jam Kitchen, making food safety the highest priority.
- Undertake weekly stock check of all ingredients necessary for production, identifying minimum stock levels based on product mix and confirming order requirements to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Organise, train and motivate stand-in and seasonal staff to deliver at the highest level within their roles. Cover Jam Kitchen till duties, as and when required during peak periods.
- Provide taste samples for customers, providing information on products and delight our visitors with an outstanding customer service experience.
- Raise awareness of and take responsibility to correct, any Health & Safety issues observed within the area of operation. Escalate any issues falling outside of your control to the Production Manager.
- Develop Jam Kitchen area hygiene and housekeeping levels to the highest standards, creating a showpiece for customers which drives confidence and appeal for our range of products.
- Carry out pressing, process and packaging tasks, operating to defined procedures, with care and attention ensuring compliance with all regulatory, food safety and quality standards.
- Keep accurate records of all activities, where required, capturing key data used to confirm compliance, with the high quality standards expected by the business.
Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate the following experience:
- Experienced Chef with minimum 2 years’ experience in a commercial kitchen environment.
- Preserve / Jam making experience.
- HACCP Level 2 preferred but training will be provided for the right applicant.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, with experience gained in similar customer environments.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Suite Software i.e. Excel, Word etc.
- Leadership experience, within a small team is desired but not essential.
Working hours will be 40 hours a week (average) as per contract and will need to be on a flexible basis, due to the needs of the company. Production operating hours are between 6 am and 10 pm Monday to Sunday, during which various shift patterns may occur.
Salary: £11.00 to £13.00 per hour based on experience, with opportunity to progress.
Joining the #RattlerCru is not just about us - We offer you the opportunity to develop and grow with the business with well-experienced mentors at hand to support you along the way as well as offering great staff discounts and free onsite parking.
Healeys is centrally located in Cornwall, just a couple of miles off the A30. Easy to find, we're on the A3075 in Penhallow – look out for the brown tourist signs.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
The Healeys Recruitment Team.