Second Chef (Permanent)
Healeys Cornish Cyder Farm is a family-run, admission-based visitor attraction and home to Rattler Cyder! Since the company was founded in 1980, Healeys Cyder has grown enormously, boasting more than 130,000 visitors per year and array of awards for our cyders & spirits. With an impressive schedule of events, alongside a multi-million-pound investment across a two-phase extension project, driving an exceptional Food & Beverage experience on-site has never been more important.
A fantastic opportunity is available to join our busy Kitchen team, to become a permanent part of an iconic Cornish business, and to make your mark in this exciting role as Second Chef.
This role will give you a primary focus on assisting and deputising for the Head Chef, ensuring the smooth operations of the Restaurant and other food outlets. The focus will be on running these areas efficiently, driving sales, ensuring an exceptional brand experience for visitors whilst maintaining food hygiene standards.
Salary: £10.00 to £12.00 per hour dependent on experience
Hours: 14 to 40 Hours per week, with an average of 35-40 hours, relative to opening hours and rota. Latest finish 7pm in the height of summer. Must be able to work Fridays & Saturdays.
- Running service and operationally delivering a smooth kitchen shift.
- Day to day ordering, monitoring price changes from our suppliers and recording them on the weekly ordering sheet.
- Excellent product knowledge of own goods as well as our Healey’s products.
- Opening and closing of food outlets, in accordance with the kitchen procedures, always ensuring a high level of cleanliness.
- Following safer food better business, keeping all temp records and paperwork up to date for all catering outlets.
- Assisting with the catering element of events at the farm.
- Assisting with menu development.
- Communicating and liaising with suppliers for best prices.
- Managing and recording kitchen stock control and wastage.
- Managing the safety element of the kitchen and reporting any health and safety issues to the Head Chef/ F&B manager.
- Flexibility in duties may be needed to cover ‘off season’ to ensure best business practice.
- Any other tasks, duties and responsibilities as requested by your line manager or director.
Personal Qualities are important, and preference will be given to candidates with a solid skills in the following:
- Experience in a high-volume / high turnover environment.
- Must have kitchen experience.
- Experience running a busy pass.
- Ability to work with pace and a focus on productivity.
- Willingness to learn and take hand at anything.
- Can remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Attention and eye for detail, organisation and ensuring paperwork is always up-to-date and completed thoroughly.
- Able to work well as part of a team and support the Head Chef with any necessary work.
While we can offer these trainings in-house, ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Food Safety ualification
- First Aid / Fire Safety qualifications
Joining the #RattlerCru is not just about us - We offer you the opportunity to develop and grow with the business with well-experienced mentors at hand to support you along the way, as well as offering:
- Early finishes - work no later than 7pm in Summer
- 50% discount on all Rattler products
- Free festival tickets
- Chill out after your shift with a 50p pint!
- Monthly employee recognition for #FeelGoodFriday
- Monthly breakfast club
If you have any questions about the role, please call us on 01872573356.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Healeys Recruitment Team